Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fluid Mosaic Model of the Cell Membrane!!

While doing this project, there were a few questions that I discovered while making my poster. First off,  I was curious as to what the purpose of the Protein Channel was. I soon found out that cells create and install their own protein channels which are also called membrane structure, because cells need a way to move useful substances into themselves and pump waste outside. Proteins act like little machines moving around other molecules. My next question, was what do carbohydrate chains do? Surely they have a purpose right? Well, I found that they serve as recognition markers. Protein molecules repair, regulate, and protect the human body. Did you know that 45% of our body is made up of protein? After walking around in the Gallery Walk, there was a lot more info being put out there amongst us. There were several different types of posters, but there were also some that were the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment